KCRA 3 is your one-stop source for staying informed and prepared for the day ahead. Whether you’re catching up on overnight developments, planning your day, checking the weather forecast, or keeping an eye on your commute, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll provide you with a breakdown of what’s happening locally and beyond, including the latest weather outlook, significant news updates, and key events on the horizon.
Today’s Weather Outlook
Meteorologist Melanie Hunter predicts that Tuesday will continue the trend of scorching temperatures following Monday’s hot conditions. A slight northward breeze will assist in the warm-up, pushing temperatures back into the upper 80s by 9 a.m. As we approach noon, the Sacramento area is expected to reach triple-digit temperatures. By 4 p.m., downtown Sacramento is projected to hit about 114 degrees, with the heat lingering around 112 degrees by 6 p.m.
What’s Happening in NorCal
- California Grid Operator Warns of Possible Rolling Blackouts: While California managed to avoid rolling blackouts on Monday night, there’s still a risk of them occurring on Tuesday as another sweltering day looms.
- Tragic Plane Crash Claims Lives of Raley’s CFO and Chief Pilot: The chief financial officer for Raley’s and the company’s chief pilot tragically lost their lives in a small plane crash in a remote area of Sacramento County on Sunday morning.
- Concerns Rise Over Crime in Land Park: Residents of the Land Park neighborhood are expressing growing concerns about open drug use and are pleading with Sacramento city officials for action to combat lawlessness in the area.
- Farmworkers Rally for Workers’ Rights at California Capitol: In the scorching heat, the United Farm Workers (UFW) and their supporters are in the midst of a seven-day, 24-hour vigil at the State Capitol, advocating for workers’ rights.
- Sacramento Republic FC Moves US Open Cup Final Watch Party Indoors: The Sacramento Republic FC’s watch party for their historic U.S. Open Cup championship final against Orlando City SC, scheduled for Wednesday, is being moved indoors to escape the sweltering heat.
What’s Happening Elsewhere
- Liz Truss Assumes Role as UK Prime Minister: Liz Truss has taken over as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and faces significant challenges, including addressing rising prices, labor unrest, and reforming the healthcare system.
- Special Master Appointed to Review Seized Documents in Mar-a-Lago Search: In a legal development, a federal judge has granted former President Donald Trump’s request for a special master to review documents seized by the FBI from his Florida residence. Additionally, the Justice Department’s use of the seized information for investigative purposes has been temporarily halted.
- Canadian Police Investigate Fatal Stabbing: In Canada, the investigation into the stabbing deaths of ten individuals in Saskatchewan continues. One suspect has been found dead, and police are actively searching for a second suspect.
What’s Coming Up Today
- Downtown Sacramento Shooting Suspects in Court: The suspects involved in the downtown Sacramento shooting, identified as Smiley Martin, Dandrae Martin, and Mtula Payton, are scheduled to appear in court today.
- Royal Visit to San Francisco: Lieutenant Governor Eleni Kounalakis is set to welcome Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands in San Francisco.
- Flex Alerts Continue: Tuesday marks the seventh day of Flex Alerts issued due to record-high temperatures in the state, emphasizing the importance of conserving energy.
Stay Updated with KCRA 3
Stay informed and prepared for your day by relying on KCRA 3 as your trusted source for news, weather, and essential updates. Download our app to access the latest information and keep track of real-time traffic conditions. We’re here to help you navigate your day and stay connected to the world around you.